One of the greatest mysteries surrounding My Hero Academia is its timeline. A lot of fans are still confused about what is considered the present day. There are also questions regarding when quirks started. But fret not because this My Hero Academia timeline will detail the main events in order!
In What Year Does My Hero Academia Take Place?
There are a lot of hints pointing to My Hero Academia taking place in the distant future.
Some examples include the giant robots used to train the U.A. candidates and other advanced technology present in the series.
Add the fact that the One For All quirk has a total of nine wielders so far, and All Might had the quirk for more than 40 years, clearly suggesting that One For All is around 150 years old.
In this case, there is a huge possibility that the story started in the 2080s.
However, do take note that this is just a speculation based on the bits and pieces we have gathered from the manga and anime as there has been no official confirmation yet regarding the matter.
My Hero Academia’s Timeline
There are a lot of theories surrounding the timeline of My Hero Academia. One of these is a realistic theory that we believe could be true:
- 2050 or early-to-mid 21st century – The year when the glowing baby was born
- 2060 – All For One appeared. It has been said that All For One emerged 10 years after the glowing baby was born.
- 2170 – Izuku Midoriya was born. It has been said that he is part of the fourth generation of quirks and we can safely assume that each generation is around 30 to 40 years. This also connects to the fact that All For One has been in power for more than 100 years.
However, there is a huge question regarding Izuku’s hero license.
For those who have not noticed, the license states “20XX-XX-XX” which definitely leads us to believe that the present is the 21st century.
This is why some fans believe that there is a possibility that the series takes place around the 2080s.
If that is the case, then the timeline would be like this:
- 1970 – Glowing baby was born; the first generation of quirks
- 1980 – All For One appeared
- 2000 – Second generation (we assume here that one generation is equivalent to 30 years)
- 2030 – Third generation
- 2060 – Fourth generation
- 2065 – Izuku Midoriya was born. It has been said that he was born early in the fourth generation.
- 2080 – The first season of My Hero Academia. Izuku Midoriya acquired the One For All quirk, and he is 14 years old.
- 2081 – The second season and the first half of the third season of My Hero Academia
- 2082 – The third, fourth, and fifth seasons of My Hero Academia
- 2083 – In the sixth season of My Hero Academia, Deku is already 17 years old
While we can’t really determine the exact dates yet, one thing is for sure: My Hero Academia takes place between the years 2000 and 2099.