Clone Wars is a beloved Star Wars show that significantly fleshes out the prequel trilogy. Here's our Star Wars Clone Wars watch guide, filler-free and in chronological order!
Does Clone Wars Have Fillers?
While most episodes have something to offer, such as an introduction to an important character, there are definitely inessential episodes you can easily skip or come back to later.
Even hardcore Star Wars fans agree that the Clone Wars episodes are a mixed bag.
Some batches feature one-off adventures that don't heavily influence the wider Star Wars plot.
Others are simply not that pressing or engaging.
That being said, no episode is all-bad. If you have time, we definitely recommend watching the full series!
Here's the Filler List for Star Wars: The Clone Wars!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars features an extensive list of episodes and there's a fair amount you can skip if you want to go through the show quickly.
Clone Wars Movie
The Clone Wars 2008 isn't considered very good. You can skip parts of it, but you might want to flash-forward through it.
If you want to know everything about Ashoka and Anakin's history, know that their introduction and early days as Jedi master and Padawan unfold during this movie.
- Episode 5: Rookies
- Episode 9: Cloak of Darkness, and Episode 10: Lair of Grievous (but these are early Asajj Ventress episodes so you may want to watch them anyway).
- Episode 11: Dooku Captured, and Episode 12: The Gungan General (not strictly necessary episodes, plus they contain Jar Jar which is enough to make some people skip these, but they do introduce Hondo).
- Episode 13: Jedi Crash Episode 14: Defenders of the Peace (again, not bad episodes, but you wouldn't miss anything major).
- Episode 22: Hostage Crisis
- Episode 1: Holocron Heist
- Episode 2: Cargo of Doom
- Episode 3: Children of the Force
- Episode 5: Landing at Point Rain
- Episode 17: Bounty Hunters
- Episodes 20 - 22: Death Trap, R2 Come Home, Lethal Trackdown
- Episode 2: ARC Troopers
- Episode 10: Heroes on Both Sides (not the most essential but it introduces Ahsoka's relationship with Lux, so we still recommend it)
You might see other episodes of Season 3 dubbed as fillers -- while some of them, like 12-14 aren't the most necessary, we would still recommend watching them.
- Episodes 7-10: Darkness on Umbara, The General, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell (not essential to the plot but we still highly recommend watching as it's a great sequel with the clones as protagonists.
- Episodes 11-13: Kidnapped, Slaves of the Republic, Escape from Kadavo (you can skip this, but not if you want to meet Ahsoka's people!)
- Episode 14: A Friend in Need (If you skipped the previous Lux episode, skip this one too. Otherwise, we recommend watching).
- Episodes 2-4: A War on Two Fronts, Front Runners, The Soft War, Tipping Points (skippable, but these do conclude Lux Bonteri's arc, so we recommend watching unless you also skipped Heroes on Both Sides and A Friend in Need).
- Episodes 10-13: Secret Weapons, A Sunny Day in the Void, Missing in Action, Point of No Return (skippable and not considered the best in the series but they do have their moments)
We would recommend not skipping episodes from Seasons 6 and 7, as they're almost all very good and they offer significant insights on our main characters.
How to Watch Clone Wars in Chronological Order?
Up until a certain point, the episodes of Clone Wars don't unfold in an entirely chronological manner.
Here's how to watch all episodes chronologically:
- Season 2 Episode 16: Cat and Mouse
- Season 1 Episode 16: The Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 movie, at least any parts that you choose not to skip)
- Season 3 Episode 1: Clone Cadets
- Season 3 Episode 3: Supply Lines
- Season 1 Episodes 1-15 (minus the fillers)
- Season 1 Episodes 17- 21) (likewise)
- Season 2 Episodes 1-3
- Season 2 Episodes 17-19
- Season 2 Episodes 4-14
- Season 2 Episodes 20-22
- Season 3 Episodes 5-7
- Season 3 Episodes 2, 4, and 8
- Season 1 Episode 22
- Season 3 Episodes 9-11
- Season 2 Episode 15
- Season 3 Episodes 12-22
- Season 4
- Season 5 Episodes 2-13
- Season 5 Episode 1
- Season 5 Episodes 14-20
- Season 6
- Season 7 Episodes 5-8
- Season 7 Episodes 1-4
- Season 7 Episodes 9-12
Among the above, feel free to skip the fillers we indicate in the previous section!
READ NEXT: What Is Ahsoka's Kill Count?