Prince Philip Shock: Queen Elizabeth's Husband Allegedly Furious At Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's 'Lack Of Respect'

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Prince Philip was furious and "spitting blood" after reading Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's plan to step back from their royal duties on Instagram. Queen Elizabeth II's husband immediately went to her to release his anger, a report says.

Prince Philip 'Furious And Deeply Hurt' With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Announcement

According to royal biographer, Christopher Andersen in his book Brothers and Wives: Inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan, the Queen's husband was "furious and deeply hurt" after learning on social media that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were planning to step back from their royal duties. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex allegedly did not inform the senior royals before releasing a joint announcement on social media.

Advertisement

Prince Philip was so angry that he went to Queen Elizabeth II. He allegedly felt disrespected.

"This shows a complete lack of respect," Prince Philip told Her Majesty, according to an aide, per Express.

READ: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince William's Grandmother So Dedicated To The Throne But Commitment Could Reportedly Harm Monarchy, Royal Commentator Daniela Elser Claims

"It appears as if we were wrong about her all along," the late royal allegedly confided to one of his closest staff about his opinion of the former actress.

Anderson said that Markle had a warm relationship with Prince Harry's father, Prince Charles, and grandfather, Prince Philip. However, their bond changed after the Sussexes stepped down from their royal duties.

Prince Harry and Markle announced earlier this month that they would not attend Prince Philip's Thanksgiving memorial service on March 29. However, Prince Harry wanted to visit his grandmother soon.

ALSO READ: Prince William Pays Tribute To Queen Elizabeth During Caribbean Tour, Kate Middleton's Husband Quoted The Monarch In Belize Speech

Advertisement

What Did Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Post That Infuriated Prince Philip?

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spent their holidays in 2019 in Canada. When they returned to the U.K., they announced their future plans about stepping back from their royal duties on Instagram. However, it raised eyebrows even if some predicted the move because they allegedly did not talk about their plans with the senior royals before posting it on social media.

In a lengthy post on Instagram, the couple said they spent months reflecting and discussing before they came up with the decision to step back as "senior" working royals.

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution," the pair wrote on Jan. 8, 2020. "We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen."

READ MORE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Buckingham Palace Has Military-Style Op To Get Prince William's Grandmother To Prince Philip's Memorial Service

They continued, "It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages."

The royal couple planned to raise their son, Archie, with the royal tradition while affording themselves the space they needed to launch their new charitable entity.

Advertisement

YOU MIGHT LIKE: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Shock: Duke And Duchess Of Sussexes Allegedly Breached Their Pledge To Queen Elizabeth, Royal Correspondent Claims

"We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex," they concluded.

According to some royal experts, they wanted to be part-time working royals, but the Queen did not allow it. So, they were forced to step down.

The Queen supported the Sussexes. In a statement released on Jan. 18, 2020, the Queen said, "Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family." She also said that she hoped they would "start building a happy and peaceful new life."

Stay tuned for more news and updates about the royal family.

RELATED: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Grandson Prince Harry's Heartbreaking Move Considered A 'Slap In The Face To The Queen' And Another PR Disaster