It's Valentine's Day and we're already seeing a number of Netflix films and shows that are worth watching on a date. Not to mention, there's a bunch of dating shows available on the streaming platform. But it seems like there's always room for more dating shows.
Nick Lachey loves playing matchmaker as he returns in the latest dating show on Netflix, Perfect Match. The show makes its premiere on Valentine's Day. And if you haven't seen any of its episodes, here's what you need to know about it:
What Is Netflix’s Perfect Match Show About?
Netflix's official description of the show reads:
“Perfect Match brings together the most famously single stars of Netflix’s unscripted series (Love Is Blind, The Ultimatum, Too Hot To Handle, The Mole and more) to a tropical paradise in an attempt to find love. As they compete to form relationships, the most compatible couples will play matchmaker, breaking up other couples and sending them on dates with brand-new singles they’ll invite to the villa. Will they create better matches, or will they create chaos? In this over-the-top journey of strategy and dating hosted by Nick Lachey, only one couple will be crowned the Perfect Match."
Show creator Chris Coelen got inspired to create Perfect Match when Love Is Blind Season 1's Damian Powers showed up with Too Hot To Handle's Francesca Farago.
"It became very apparent that different cast members from different shows ultimately end up knowing each other. They go to events together and they connect and they date, honestly. The idea was rooted in that real thing."
Netflix decided to bring back some of its most entertaining reality stars for a second chance to finding love. Perfect Match combines 23 singles from various Netflix reality shows like Love Is Blind, Selling Tampa, The Circle, The Circle France, The Ultimatum, Sexy Beasts, Too Hot to Handle, Twentysomethings, and The Mole.
The chosen stars are whisked away in a tropical getaway to help them land another shot at their happily ever after. But unlike other dating shows, Perfect Match has a series of compatibility challenges where winners get to choose who they will go on a date with. Think of it like a game of musical chairs, with the unmatched person ending up going home.
"The producers aren't steering the ship. If the participants choose to bring these people in or match 'em up with whoever, it's totally up to them. That's much more real, and it's much more fun for them."
How Many Episodes of Perfect Match Are There on Netflix?
Perfect Match has a total of 12 episodes, each with a runtime of an hour. Four episodes will be released per week, which means viewers will have a total of three weeks to watch the show.
Here is a guide to the episode release dates:
- Episode 1: February 14, 2023
- Episode 2: February 14, 2023
- Episode 3: February 14, 2023
- Episode 4: February 14, 2023
- Episode 5: February 21, 2023
- Episode 6: February 21, 2023
- Episode 7: February 21, 2023
- Episode 8: February 21, 2023
- Episode 9: February 28, 2023
- Episode 10: February 28, 2023
- Episode 11: February 28, 2023
- Episode 12: February 28, 2023
Who’s in Netflix’s Newest Dating Show, Perfect Match?
As mentioned, the cast of Perfect Match are from other reality shows on the streaming platfor so you're likely to recognize one or two of them. Here are all the 23 participants on Netflix's newest dating show, Perfect Match:
Perfect Match Hopefuls: The Ladies
- Abbey Humphreys (from Twentysomethings)
- Anne-Sophie Petit-Frere (from Selling Tampa Season 1)
- Chloe Veitch (from Love is Blind and The Circle Season 2)
- Colony Reeves (from Selling Tampa Season 1)
- Diamond Jack (from Love Is Blind Season 1, Love Is Blind: After the Altar)
- Francesca Farago (from Too Hot To Handle Season 1)
- Georgia Hassarati (from Too Hot to Handle Season 3)
- Ines Tazi (from The Circle France Season 1)
- Izzy Fairthorne (from Too Hot to Handle Season 3)
- Kariselle Snow (from Sexy Beasts Season 1)
- Lauren “LC” Chamblin (from Love Is Blind Season 1, Love Is Blind: After the Altar)
- Savannah Palacio (from The Circle Season 2)
Perfect Match Hopefuls: The Gents
- Bartise Bowden (from Love Is Blind Season 3, Love Is Blind: After the Altar)
- Calvin Crooks (from The Circle Season 3)
- Chase DeMoor (from Too Hot to Handle Season 2)
- Damian Powers (from Love Is Blind Season 1, Love Is Blind: After the Altar)
- Dom Gabriel (from The Mole Season 1)
- Joey Sasso (from The Circle Season 1)
- Mitchell Eason (from The Circle Season 2)
- Nick Uhlenhuth (from The Circle Season 3)
- Shayne Jansen (from Love Is Blind Season 2, Love Is Blind: After the Altar)
- Will Richardson (from The Mole Season 1)
- Zay Wilson (from The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On)
You can check out the trailer of Perfect Match here:
Perfect Match is now available to watch on Netflix.