Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: Queen Elizabeth Reportedly Wasn't Behind Excluding Sussexes On Balcony, But Prince Charles And Prince William

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are not joining Queen Elizabeth on the balcony on Trooping the Colour. The monarch released a statement earlier this month, but Her Majesty was reportedly not the one behind the decision.

Meghan Markle And Prince Harry's Exclusion From Balcony Allegedly Not The Queen's Idea

Buckingham Palace released a statement earlier this month announcing that the monarch decided to limit the attendance of the royals accompanying her on the balcony for Trooping the Colour to working royals. Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and Prince Andrew didn't make it on the list.

Advertisement

While the announcement said it was the Queen's decision, a new report claimed Prince William and Prince Charles were allegedly behind it.

READ: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mother Needs Protection From Prince William's Younger Brother Prince Harry, Author Tina Brown Claims

"They feel that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have caused nothing but chaos since moving to America with their endless tell-alls and interviews throwing shade at the royal family," an unnamed source told Star (via OK!). "They think it would be hypocritical of Harry and Meghan acting all smiles and waving to the crowds from the balcony like they’re one big, happy family."

The insider continued, "despite the balcony ban, Harry is still hopeful that the brood will have a great family reunion." Meanwhile, the Duchess of Sussex "isn't as optimistic, as she still holds a grudge against the royals." The tipster added that Markle might "even pull out at the last minute."

ALSO READ: Prince Andrew, Princess Eugenie Heartbreak: Royal Fans Favor Prince William, Kate Middleton To Stay In Adelaide Cottage

Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Excluded From Balcony Appearance

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed their attendance at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebration earlier this month. They promised to return to the U.K. again after visiting the 96-year-old monarch in April before they flew to the Netherlands for the Invictus Games.

Advertisement

"Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children," the Sussexes' spokesperson told Harper's Bazaar.

Shortly after the Sussexes confirmed their attendance, the Queen announced the royals who would be joining her on the balcony for Trooping the Colour, which will mark her official birthday celebration.

READ MORE: Meghan Markle Shock: Duchess Of Sussex Humiliated, 'Woke' Bubble Allegedly Bursts After Netflix Cancels Her Show Proving Royal Ties Is Not A Guarantee

"After careful consideration, the Queen has decided that this year's traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday 2nd of June will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the Royal Family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said in a statement obtained by People.

The royals who will join the Queen include Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Princess Anne, Prince Edward, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex. The Queen's cousins Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and Princess Alexandra.

Stay tuned for more news and updates about the royal family

RELATED: Meghan Markle Shock: Duchess Of Sussex Would Have Survived The Palace If She Had Followed Kate Middleton's 'Smart' Approach, Royal Biographer Tina Brown Claims