Princess Charlene and Prince Albert shut down the divorce and split rumors surrounding their marriage with a kiss. The royals from Monaco are currently in Norway for their first engagement abroad after the princess returned to her royal duties this year.
Princess Charlene And Prince Albert Packed On The PDA During A Royal Engagement
Monaco's Prince Albert and Princess Charlene flew to Norway with their 7-year-old twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. The family of four stepped out Wednesday to attend the opening of the Sailing the Sea of Science exhibit at the Fram Museum in Oslo. They were also joined by Crown Prince Haakon of Norway for the outing, People reported.
The royal couple just reunited in March after Princess Charlene got stuck in South Africa for six months due to an ENT infection. She returned to the principality in November but left shortly to seek treatment due to physical and emotional exhaustion. She spent another four months in a treatment facility in Switzerland. Since they had been apart for almost a year, various speculations about marriage were reported, with some suggesting they were splitting or divorcing.
However, Princess Charlene and Prince Albert dismissed the rumors. The couple shared a kiss outside the museum. According to the outlet, it was an unexpected kiss from the royal couple.
What Did Princess Charlene Say About The Rumors Surrounding Her Marriage With Prince Albert
In the past months, various outlets published several speculations about Princess Charlene and Prince Albert's marriage due to her prolonged absence in Monaco.
German magazine Bunte and France's Paris Match both claimed that the royal couple had already split. One outlet claimed she had no intention of returning to Monaco. Another claimed she was planning to buy a home near Johannesburg, South Africa.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: Kate Middleton, Prince William Shock: Cambridges Allegedly Sending Prince Harry, Meghan Markle A Message In Windsor Move After Comment About Queen Elizabeth's Security, Royal Correspondent Neil Sean Claims
Last month, French magazine, Voici, alleged that Prince Albert had to pay his wife $12.5 million per year to stay with him. However, a source denied the report and told Page Six that he didn't need to pay his wife because she was happy to be back and reunite with him and their kids.
Princess Charlene spoke with the reporters last month and directly shut down the split and divorce rumors.
"You want to talk about rumors of divorce or my new home in Switzerland?" she told the reporters, according to People. "I still find it regrettable that certain media peddle such rumors about my life, my relationship."
Princess Charlene continued, "Like everyone else, we are human beings, and like all human beings we have emotions, weaknesses, only our family is exposed to the media and the slightest weakness is relayed."
Stay tuned for more news and updates about the royals and celebrities.