Prince Harry and Prince Charles were previously linked to tycoon Mahfouz Marei Mubarak.
Both men slammed claims that they received donations from the millionaire. But Prince Harry’s statement was different from the one that Prince Charles’ spokesperson released.
“The duke and his advisers, as well as his non-profit Sentebale, severed ties with Mr. Mahfouz and his associates in 2015, no longer accepting further donations to Sentebale and discontinuing any plans for a fundraising event amid growing concerns over the motives for his support,” Prince Harry’s statement said in part.
Prince Charles’ spokesperson, on the other hand, said that the future king had no idea about the alleged cash for title scandal. After all, it was his former aide, Michael Fawcett, that had deals with Mubarak.
“The Prince of Wales has no knowledge of the alleged offer of honors or British citizenship on the basis of donation to his charities and fully supports the investigation now underway by The Prince's Foundation,” the statement read.
Prince Harry Warned Prince Charles About Mahfouz Marei Mubarak But He Didn’t Listen
National Enquirer, in its Dec. 27 issue, claimed that Prince Charles and Prince Harry’s issues in relation to Mubarak are not yet over. After all, the heir to the throne feels that his son threw him to the wolves when he released his cryptic statement.
“This is the last straw for Charles and Harry’s relationship. There’s no way back. Harry’s endless attacks have destroyed everything,” an unnamed source said.
Prince Harry’s decision to mention 2015 in his statement is allegedly a shade at Prince Charles.
“Harry immediately fired back with a scathing statement that he ‘expressed concerns about the billionaire’s ‘motives’ in 2015. That was a year before Charles presented Mahfouz with an honorary CBE, a royal gift, at a private Buckingham Palace ceremony. Harry’s making it look like Charles blatantly ignored his suspicions – or was too dumb to see them,” the unnamed source said.
Prince Charles Chose Money Over Prince Harry
The unnamed source added that Prince Harry’s claims that he raised red flags about Mubarak suggest that Prince Charles and his palace aides looked the other way in exchange for a hefty donation.
“Harry’s clearly determined not to be dragged into this scandal. By taking a public swipe at Charles, he’s turned any spotlight of guilt off himself and squarely on his father – another revenge mission accomplished,” the unnamed source claimed.
Prince Charles is, allegedly, appalled by his youngest son’s cruel betrayal. So, he decided to cut all communication lines with Prince Harry. Prince Charles doesn’t allegedly have any plans to retaliate right now, but he’s taking mental notes of what Prince Harry has been doing.
Prince Charles, Prince Harry’s Complicated Relationship Revisited
Rumors about Prince Charles and Prince Harry’s estranged relationship have been rife for years.
In March, the Duke of Sussex claimed that his dad cut him off financially shortly after he and Meghan Markle announced that they were quitting The Firm.
Prince Harry also expressed his disappointment toward Prince Charles for not questioning the hardships of royal life.
"My father used to say to me when I was younger, 'Well, it was like that for me, so it's going to be like that for you. That doesn't make sense — just because you suffered, that doesn't mean that your kids have to suffer, in fact, quite the opposite. If you suffered, do everything you can to make sure that whatever negative experiences that you had, you can make it right for your kids," he said in The Me You Can’t See.
But despite all their issues and differences, there's no proof that Prince Harry tried to make Prince Charles look guilty when he released a statement about Mubarak.
Check back for more stories, updates, and rumors about Prince Charles and Prince Harry here at EpicStream!