Prince Harry Heartbreak: Meghan Markle's Husband Lambasted For Claiming 'Direct Line Of Succession'? Sussex Couple Mocked Over Joint Statement On Russia-Ukraine Conflict

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Prince Harry has been living away from the other members of the royal family for more than two years now. The Duke of Sussex, alongside Meghan Markle, decided to step back from his royal duties in January 2020, citing their desire to become financially independent from the Firm as the main reason behind their shocking decision.

At the moment, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are living in Montecito, California with their two kids, Archie and Lilibet. Reports about the Sussex family returning to the U.K. this year have been making rounds online amid Harry’s security row.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mom Still Sick? Her Majesty Effortlessly Sends Twitter Followers Into A Frenzy

Recently, Prince Harry sparked fury among royal experts and followers for allegedly claiming to be in direct line of Succession. Keep on reading to know more details.

Advertisement

Will Prince Harry Become King Even After Megxit?

Royal expert Angela Levin hit back at Prince Harry after the Duke of Sussex claimed that he “does not feel safe” when visiting the U.K. under the current security arrangement. Talking to LBC, she stated:

"What annoyed me incredibly is he said he was in the immediate line of succession. Does he really think he's got a chance to be king when he's behaved like this? The Queen's got to stand up to it. I think she's got to stop him being the Counsellor of State and that means when she can't manage or unwell, they become stand-ins. They go to meetings and they sign documents."

ALSO READ: Prince Harry Fury: Meghan Markle's Husband Launching New Legal Battle? Sussex Couple Nominated To Receive Nobel Peace Prize After The 2022 President’s Award

For starters, Prince Harry is suing over a decision to not allow him to pay for police protection for himself and his family when visiting the U.K. The husband of Meghan Markle wants to bring Archie and Lilibet to pay their ancestors a visit from the U.S.

On February 18, the first hearing in Prince Harry’s security row took place at the Royal Courts of Justice in London and the Duke of Sussex was a no-show. The court heard both parties wanted some parts of the court documents in the case to be kept private.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Revelation: Prince Charles' Mom Has An 'Unusual' Eating Habit Unlikely For An Aristocrat? Monarch Continues COVID-19 Battle, Cancels Virtual Meetings Again

Prince Harry’s lawyer, Shaheed Fatima QC, said when introducing the case:

Advertisement
"This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the UK given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him. It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be his home."

To recall, Prince Harry came back to the U.K. in 2021 to grace the unveiling of the Princess Diana memorial statue on July 1. The day before the said event, the better half of Meghan Markle met seriously ill kids at a WellChild garden party and afternoon tea in Kew Gardens, west London.

ALSO READ: Prince Andrew Shock: Queen Elizabeth's Son Made U.K. A 'Laughingstock' Across The Globe? Duke In Trouble Again As Netizens Call For His Removal As Counsellor Of State

It was revealed that paparazzi chased Prince Harry’s car after he left the event. Shaheed Fatima QC later stated that, before the claim was issued, “the claimant asked the defendant to engage in alternative dispute resolution.”

A legal representative for Prince Harry previously divulged that he wants to fund the security himself instead of asking taxpayers to foot the bill. However, Robert Palmer QC, who represented for the Home Office, told the court that the offer of Meghan Markle’s husband of private funding was “irrelevant.”

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Camilla Parker-Bowles Heartbreak: Prince Charles' Wife Responsible For Queen Elizabeth's COVID-19 Battle? Duchess Reportedly Represents Everything Meghan Markle Disliked About Royal Life

In written submissions, Robert Palmer stated:

"Personal protective security by the police is not available on a privately financed basis, and Ravec does not make decisions on the provision of such security on the basis that any financial contribution could be sought or obtained to pay for it."
Advertisement

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Mocked On Twitter Anew

Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are being mocked online for their comments on the Russian attack on Ukraine. The Sussex couple took to their Archewell website to extend support for Ukraine amid the ongoing political crisis in the world.

ALSO READ: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mother Not Giving Up Throne Until She Dies? Monarch Falls Victim Of Another Death Hoax

The joint statement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, which was published on the Archewell website, read:

"Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and all of us at Archewell stand with the people of Ukraine against this breach of international and humanitarian law and encourage the global community and its leaders to do the same."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s joint statement received mixed reactions on Twitter, with some dubbing them as an “arrogant” couple. One netizen said:

"What a joke. Are they speaking for the UK or American? Or just jumping on for attention. Harry and Meghan have spoken. Putin Russian president is now scared LOL."
Advertisement

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Prince Harry Shock: Meghan Markle's Husband Serious About Returning To U.K. Despite Megxit? Duke Lambasted Again For Doing This

A second Twitter user wrote:

"Don't tell me they actually care about someone else beside themselves, once again making this about them again, you got to laugh.”

Another netizen stated:

"Phew, that's that sorted then. Putin will immediately recall the military and send them back to their garrisons. Thanks for that Harry and Meg, you saved us all. We owe you one!"

A fourth Twitter user even joked that Russian President Vladimir Putin would be “shaking in his boots” after reading Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s statement. The Sussex couple has yet to respond to the recent condemnations they received.

ALSO READ: Prince Andrew Shock: Queen Elizabeth's Son To Leave U.K Like Prince Harry? Sarah Ferguson's Ex And Meghan Markle's Husband Might Never Lose These Titles Despite Controversies

Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Prince Harry!