Queen Elizabeth’s recent hospitalization sparked discussions regarding the so-called Operation London Bridge, which is a 10-day funeral plan following the monarch’s demise.
Us Weekly, in its Nov. 22 issue, claimed that new details from Operation London Bridge have just been released. It includes turning off the royal website to symbolize the queen’s passing, as well as holding various processions to honor Her Majesty.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles, William And Other Royal Family Members Hiding Truth About Monarch's Health Condition? Her Majesty Raises More Concerns After Missing 2021 Remembrance Sunday Service
A state funeral will, reportedly, be held at Westminster Abbey before the queen is buried at Windsor Castle’s King George VI Memorial Chapel.
Prince Charles has reportedly been assigned to address the nation on the night of the queen’s death. And while he’s still grieving the loss of the monarch, he will, reportedly, be named king the next day at exactly 10 a.m.
Prince Charles Worried About Queen Elizabeth’s Health
According to an unnamed source, Prince Charles is the one who’s most worried about the queen’s health. After all, he’s the only one tasked to do such a difficult thing following the monarch’s demise.
Prince Charles has also, allegedly, been encouraging his mom to take care of herself. But the queen is insisting that she’s perfectly fine.
“The queen is telling people that she’s on the mend. She’s trying to keep active and busy as usual. The problem is, she continues to have underlying health conditions, which are of great concern to her family… The queen’s not in tip-top condition like she’s making out,” the unnamed source said.
Queen Elizabeth Is ‘Alright’ Following Recent Hospitalization
Last month, a palace spokesperson released a statement regarding the queen’s hospitalization. One day later, Her Majesty checked out of the hospital and returned to Windsor Castle, where she spent a couple of days recovering.
But even with reports that the queen is in good spirits, some publications still claimed that she’s on the brink of death.
This week, Prince Charles was caught on video telling a royal fan that the queen is alright. Following his confirmation, the palace announced that Her Majesty will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service at the Cenotaph on Sunday, Nov. 14, according to Us Weekly.
What Is Operation London Bridge?
Operation London Bridge is reportedly the code name used for the UK government’s plans on what will happen following the queen’s passing.
According to Politico, a civil servant will first inform the British prime minister that the queen has died via a phone call, and the staff will say, “London Bridge is down.”
The queen’s death will then be announced via a newsflash on the Press Association wire.
Following the queen’s death, a call script for departmental permanent secretaries will also be released.
“We have just been informed of the death of Her Majesty The Queen. Ministers will be told that “discretion is required,” the documents obtained by the publication revealed.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Shock: Prince Charles And Royal Family Constantly Criticizing Prince Harry Because Of Her? Duchess Reportedly Thinks Flying Off To Mexico To Reconcile With Thomas Markle Sr. Is 'Impractical'
Ministers and senior civil servants will also receive an email from the cabinet secretary informing them of Her Majesty’s death.
Operation London Bridge will indeed last for 10 days. And it is also accurate that Prince Charles will be proclaimed as the new king the day after the monarch’s death.
Check back for more stories about the British royal family here at EpicStream!