Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are not on speaking terms with her estranged father, Thomas Markle Sr. However, the latter was recently hospitalized due to a stroke, and one royal commentator said it would be the best time for the couple to reach out, plus doing so could help improve their PR.
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Have The 'Golden Opportunity' To Reach Out To Dad Thomas
Rafe Heydel-Mankoo, an award-winning commentator, weighed in on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's relationship with the Markle patriarch. Thomas Markle Sr. was rushed to the hospital via an ambulance Monday night.
According to Heydel-Mankoo, the royal couple should reach out to the duchess' father. Also, doing so could help their PR.
"I would think that this is a golden opportunity for Harry and Meghan to actually try to improve their PR in [the U.K.] and also just be natural human beings and reach out to one's father," the London-based writer and award-winning commentator told GB News.
He added, "We know from the past, how much Meghan doted on her father in her early years, how much she credited him with bringing her up. And it would just be a shame if this opportunity went amiss."
Samantha Markle Seemingly Blames Meghan Markle For Their Dad's Condition
Meghan Markle has been estranged from every member of the Markle family. She is also not on speaking terms with her half-sister, Samantha Markle.
Samanta confirmed Thomas' condition and gave an update about his progress after he was rushed into a hospital and received emergency care due to a major stroke.
"My father is recovering in hospital," Samantha said in a statement obtained by Daily Mail Tuesday. "We ask for privacy for the family, for his health and wellbeing. He just needs peace and rest. Godspeed. We are praying. He just needs some rest."
The Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister Part 1 author seemingly blamed Markle for their father's health condition.
"It's a travesty how much he's been tortured and how much he's had to go through thanks to my sister's disregard the past few years," Samantha continued. "That is unforgivable."
Thomas has been reaching out to his royal daughter after their relationship fell apart after he canceled his attendance at her royal wedding in 2018. He even gave Markle and bouquet of flowers for her 40th birthday last year.
Thomas told TMZ that he didn't hear back from his daughter. In addition, he also allegedly suffered relentless attacks from the Sussex Squad of Twitter Trolls, spreading rumors after he launched his YouTube show.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about Meghan Markle and the rest of the members of the royal family.