Meghan Markle has become one of the most talked-about women in the world since she was first romantically linked to Prince Harry. While many of her fans thought that her marriage to the Duke of Sussex would be a happy-ever-after, things have completely turned upside down for the former Suits actress after she has been receiving condemnations and disparagements from her critics and the British media.
The ceaseless criticisms of the media have taken a toll on Meghan Markle’s mental health that she, together with Prince Harry, decided to step back from her senior royal duties and live away from the U.K. Initially, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex cited their desire to become financially independent from the Firm as the main reason behind their shocking “Megxit.”
Now, a celebrated royal chef said he would not roll the red carpet out for Meghan Markle despite him being known for preparing food for many royal family members for free. Keep on reading to know more details.
Royal Chef To Charge Meghan Markle For Her Meal
Express UK reported Richard Corrigan does not welcome the idea of Meghan Markle getting a free meal from him, unlike Queen Elizabeth. The renowned royal chef has cooked for the British monarch and other royals, mostly free of charge.
However, during a talk with Daily Mail’s Diary Editor Richard Eden, the Mayfair Restaurants Bentley’s and Corrigan’s owner stated:
"I cooked for the Queen free of charge, of course. And I’ll cook for anyone, but let me just say, some people will have to pay.”
Richard Corrigan made it clear that he would not deny Meghan Markle entrance to his restaurants. The royal chef shared:
"I’d let her in the restaurant, for sure, but the Queen had the red carpet rolled out. Would Meghan? I don’t think so."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mom Shockingly Did This To Ex-POTUS Barack Obama? Her Majesty Ditches Major Royal Event But Expected To Grace Prince Philip Memorial Service
Sharing a screenshot of his conversation with chef Richard Corrigan, Daily Mail columnist Richard Eden penned:
“#Royal chef Richard Corrigan says he wouldn't roll out the red carpet for the Duchess of Sussex #Meghan."
The statements of royal chef Richard Corrigan would not be a huge issue for Meghan Markle as she and her husband Prince Harry are very unlikely to return to British soil anytime soon. Royal author Omid Scobie revealed that the Sussexes are not attending a service dedicated to the late Prince Philip later this month.
In a tweet, Omid Scobie said:
"A spokesperson for the Sussexes confirms that Prince Harry will not be returning to the UK for the Service of Thanksgiving for the life of Prince Philip on March 29. He does, however, hope to visit the Queen as soon as possible."
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were told they would not receive the “same degree” of security as other royals should they come back to the U.K. from the U.S. after they stepped back from their senior royal roles in January 2020. Because of this, the Duke of Sussex has said he does not feel safe returning to Britain with his family sans the protection he seeks.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Monarch Chooses Windsor Castle Over Buckingham Palace Because Of This? Prince Philip's Wife Reportedly Discussed Russia-Ukraine Conflict With Canadian PM Justin Trudeau
Meghan Markle has yet to comment on chef Richard Corrigan’s statements.
Samantha Markle Called The ‘Biggest Troll’ Of Meghan Markle
Meanwhile, a BuzzFeed report called the elder sister of Meghan Markle her “biggest troll.” The entertainment news outlet shared a new investigation it launched into Samantha Markle’s social media activity showed she has posted conspiracy theories about the wife of Prince Harry.
The Buzzfeed article came a few days after it was reported that Samantha is suing Meghan Markle for her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey last year. Page Six reported court documents obtained showed Samantha accused Prince Harry’s wife of making “false and malicious statements” during the sit-down.
Samantha Markle also accused Meghan Markle of “falsely claiming to be ‘an only child’” and said her half-sister lied about the timeframe of when they last saw each other.
The filing, reportedly, read:
“The defamatory implication is that Plaintiff had no relationship whatsoever with her sister Meghan, they were virtual strangers and that Plaintiff has created a lucrative career selling false stories to tabloids and television programs when she knows nothing about Defendant’s childhood.”
Moreover, Samantha Markle is also alleging that Meghan Markle bashed their father, Thomas Markle Sr., in an attempt to sell the world a false “rags-to-royalty” narrative of her life.
The document reportedly read:
“Meghan falsely claimed that: (a) she essentially raised herself from virtual poverty; (b) she was forced from the age of 13 to work in a series of low-paying jobs to ‘make ends meet,’” reads the complaint, further accusing Meghan of misleading the public regarding Thomas’ absence from her 2018 wedding.”
“Mr. Markle suffered two heart attacks in the weeks before Defendant’s wedding in May 2018 due to stress associated with the Royal wedding, the constant hounding and harassment by paparazzi and other media, and upsetting text messages he received from Defendant and Prince Harry, and Mr. Markle’s cardiologist told him he was too sick to travel to England for the wedding; Mr. Markle did not refuse to attend the wedding, but was instructed by his doctor not to attend the wedding.”
Page Six reported that Samantha Markle is asking for $75,000 in damages and for the cost of court and attorney’s fees. A representative for Meghan Markle did not immediately respond to the entertainment publication’s request for comment. However, the duchess’ lawyer, Michael Kump, said in a statement to TMZ:
“This baseless and absurd lawsuit is just a continuation of a pattern of disturbing behavior. We will give it the minimum attention necessary, which is all it deserves.”
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle!